Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Family Letter


Well it is Halloween again. As my family can attest this is the time when I like to send your average “Christmas letter”. I do this because it often turns out a little scarier than sentimental, which means that it is more appropriate for Halloween. This year for Halloween Kaleb is going to be Anakin Skywalker, and as he has never seen the third installment of Star Wars due to it’s PG-13 rating he keeps asking me how Anakin becomes Darth Vadar. It is a good opportunity to talk about good choices and bad choices. I am a little worried about the day he turns thirteen and actually watches the third installment, because I may have gotten a little enthusiastic about my explanation and Kaleb may feel the actual movie a little dull. While on the subject of Kaleb I suppose I ought to mention to those who haven’t noticed he has learned how to use the telephone. Grandparents love it. Dad does as well. He gets sweet little messages from Kaleb--six or seven times daily.
Octavia is going to be a princess for Halloween. She is getting into character by ordering the neighbor boys to pull her in the wagon and stand guard when Anakin comes with his light saber (good choices Kaleb, good choices). The boys here are little gentlemen and are always opening her doors for her and asking her if she needs anything. It really is adorable. Tavi also watches as many princess type movies as she can which helps her prepare for the role of damsel in distress. Fortunatly we are intermingling them with star wars so she when she gets in trouble she can wait for the prince, or shoot her way out with her blaster--a girl has got to keep her options open. Octavia still asks when we are going to move back by Jeanette, to which I have no answer because it breaks my heart. I think on a whole the kids are adjusting though and I am very proud of the way the are willing to try new things.

Chad is still working a ton, and on a daily average is getting fewer threats that he will recieve bodily harm from his employees, so the hospital seems to be coming around to the change. We are hoping he can come home for Christmas with us, but he can't be sure. I stay home with Tavi and we are buddies. We both agree our favorite part of the day is picking Kaleb up from the bus. Danny is coming into town in a week and we are very excited. Kaleb has already planned a bunch of fun things to do, and Danny even gets to play with Kaleb's spare light sabar. That's love right there. I read this to Kaleb and he didn't think I was very funny, but he said if I put the word fart in my letter it would be funnier. I refused, so I'm sorry if this post is a little dull to some.


Becky asked for a few more pictures of the house, Tavi was so excited she got right to work. Enjoy.




8 comments:

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

Katie you are hilarious! Sound like Halloween will be a real treat!

Tommy + Monica said...

Since Tavi like princess...she should see the pumpkin I did for a contest at work! It is on my blog @ www.tomandmonicafletcher.bogspot.com
Glad to see you are all doing well!
~Cousin Monica

Anonymous said...

We love you guys! I hope Chad can come out! Kaleb your party looked so fun. You are both getting so big! We love and miss you guys. Thanks for the updates

Islandalli said...

Have tons of fun this Halloween. Seems like not that long ago I had Lady Bug Tavi on my lawn taking pictures. Sigh... Meg is a Lady Bug this year. We miss you!!!

Mylissa 2 said...

Good to hear how your family is doing. Kaleb would fit right in with our boys, they love Star Wars too! Tell the family hi from us!

UrgentCookie said...

I think I say this everytime you post, but it is so good to hear from you! Sounds like life is adjusting well. :0)

Beth said...

Hi Petersens!!! We sure miss you, but are happy that you had a fun Halloween!!! Why am I not surprised by their costume choices! HA!

Our Deli-Sub said...

Tell Tavi that her little Minnesota friend was a princess too. Glad that you are finding fun things to do and getting adjusted.