Saturday, October 4, 2008

For Brad's sake

Brad wanted to see the new car, so here it is. I know what you are thinking, they are a little too nice for the Petersen clan. Fret not, Kaleb is kicking on the back of the seats and Tavi is asking Daddy pretty please can she bring her chocolate milk with her when we go to the store, so it will only be a matter of time before we are restored to our normal state of Peterseness. We are in South Carolina now. It has been a bit of a culture shock, they boil peanuts until they are soggy(why, for the love, why?) They eat these soggy green leaves that no lie taste like what smelly feet smell like.

The bugs here are merciless-it is easier to see the red blotches than Kaleb's legs. Thank goodness for deep woods OFF!! Though I may as well add that he is outside with all of his free time having a blast, so they are more like battle scars to show where he has been. There are bugs here that are huge, and I must say I have never seen before. Perhaps that is why they feel it a pleasure to enjoy our newly found southern hospitality and stay snuggly all over the house. All joking aside, the people in South Carolina are very kind, and everyone has been more than polite to us. The church is true no matter where you live.
Chad works fourteen hour days and is getting the hospital whipped into shape, and I am at home with the kids. Kaleb is going to school and is in heaven as the school has a sand box, and a few other star wars crazed kids to play with. We are still missing Bremerton, but as my mother says you bloom where you are planted, I just hope with all the fried food out here, I bloom upward, and not outward. All is going well for us and we are still finding our strength in the Lord, and pray you all are as well.

7 comments:

UrgentCookie said...

Kat, it is so good to hear from the Petersen clan! I didn't know that you all moved again. You will have to email me your new info of your addy and stuff, so I can send you some happy mail. :0)

We sure miss you guys here!!!

Ben and Jen said...

Kat and Chad,
Looks like you've got the jist with the South - Peanuts and smelly feet. Just remember that in a month Dani will be down there too to share in your misery. We need to see pictures of your house - inside and out. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I love the new pics, it is about time you guys update the blog!!! I love the new car it looks great! We miss you guys and will talk toon. Love you!

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

Nice car :-) Glad that post was dedicated to me that makes me feel warm and cozy, o wait that's just chelsea sitting with me :-)

Islandalli said...

Awesome new post! Keep it up, we miss you something awful.
~Alli

Our Deli-Sub said...

Hey guys I just found your blog address on Beth's blog. I hope you are getting settled and adjusted. Moving sure is hard but an adventure none the less. I am glad that we can keep in touch through blogland.

Grandma Babs & Grandpa Scott said...

ok, sounds like you guys are having too much fun.
Hope to see some birthday shots of the guy. Kaleb, you are growing up way toooo fast. Slow down ther George! lol
Sure love you all.