Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our search for The Great Pumpkin

Octavia's class had a field trip to a pumpkin patch and I tagged along. I was responsible for two other girls besides Tavy, and I didn't lose one of them. I know you are thinking it is only three little girls, but it was a huge pumpkin patch with corn maze included, so I'm going to take a little pat on the back. After a man taught us how to play a wash board and turn a broom and a string into a bass we boarded a trailer pulled by the tractor to go find the biggest pumpkin possible to take home. I didn't realized that all the other parents were telling there groups that the kids had to pick out a pumpkin they could carry by them selves. Oh no, I actually encouraged my girls to pick out any old pumpkin they wanted. Tavy of course rounded out the group picking a pumpkin a little smaller than your average box fan. I suppose you can see where I am going with this, me carrying four huge pumpkins through this pumpkin patch, while trying to coax my girls to wade through the rain and mud carefully so they didn't go down like the boys who were using the muddy road like a slip and slide. I don't have any pictures of me sliding through the mud, balancing four huge, dirty pumpkins through the pumpkin patch, I had the camera in the backpack I was hauling with our freshly picked pomegranates, the girls lunches, and four water bottles. The experience was awesome, and I am so glad I get to have them with my kids. We had fun looking at Native American dwellings, and we even got to see the inside of a bee hive, the queen bee has a blue spot to distinguish her from her fellows. It's good to be queen, just ask Tavy who has a huge pumpkin waiting to be carved on the kitchen table.

2 comments:

Tiff and Trev said...

How fun!!! You're hillarious! I can totally picture you carrying those pumpkins :o)! Way to encourage the girls to get the biggest and best :o)

Heather said...

She looks so much like you! It makes me smile a bit!