Friday, September 11, 2009

The Inevitable First Day

So both my kids are in school, and everyone keeps asking what are you doing with all your spare time. Well I'm getting Kaleb to School at eight, cleaning until ten, get Tavy to school at ten fifteen, stay in her class and help her teacher get her room together (no I swear--I can leave her anytime--I don't need to be with Tavy every minute of every day--I swear I can give it up). Tavy's teacher is really loving me as I have done over 750 copies for her, collated a years worth of chapters of her messy math program. However I have the great distinction of already knowing each of the children's names in class. Tavy is loving kindergarten, and Kaleb has already found a few friends who are willing to play Pokemon with him. The school here is advanced and we are all trying to keep up. For the most part as a parent I love that my kids are being challenged, but the two hours of home work with Kaleb ever night is a little rough--I expect he will be able to skip middle school by the time he gets there, and who of us wouldn't have opted for that?

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Last year was my first year of 'freedom' with Ky in school all day. People asked me the same question 'what will you do with all of that time?' I find myself busier now than ever!! Don't feel bad, I spend MORE time than I should in both of my kids classes!
Try to enjoy some of your freedom, and don't get burned out your first year like I did!! :)