Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kaleb visits the Ballet

Kaleb had a field trip to the Ballet, they were dancing out the story of Snow White. He came home and was very quiet about it. I probed to learn how it went and sweet Kaleb finally said the bus ride was really long. I like to think that my kids are being raised to appreciate the arts, but I think something about the experience frightened him. Based on a few things Kaleb said, it may have been the witch who becomes the old hag, the kissing to wake the princess, but more than likely it was how all the boy dancers were dressed. Kaleb respected that everyone was really strong, but it was just "weird" for him. A little while ago we went to a Southern BBQ place that had every kind of Buffalo wing imaginable. It was fun to try all the different varieties. After we watched as a band warmed up for a street fair later that evening. Kaleb was rocking out and Tavi was in touch with her inner guitar player. Everyone else standing around were much more amused by the kids than the band. Since then Octavia and I have been sick. For some reason Octavia can't sleep unless she has an arm draped over my face. We got up four times last night so I could put her back in her own bed. I've never been a fan of kids in my bed, simply because I was terrified I'd suffocate one of them, I wonder how Tavi isn't so worried about this. Perhaps she is comforted knowing I am incapable of falling asleep so there really is no danger. Chad is working hard at the hospital. It is a different working environment , and he is rising to the challenge. I've been called back into the Young Women's. I am really excited to work with the youth again. I was called to be the secretary, which has to be more for my benefit, but whom the Lord calls the Lord qualifies. Anyway, that's what we are up to. Loves to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kaleb the tights are a little to tight!! Sounds like everything is going well! We love you all and miss ya tons!

Mylissa 2 said...

Hey Guys,
Looks like everything is going great with the Family. Cute Kids. I have lost Chad's email. Mine is brad@kennyparcell.com. Hope all is well. Love ya, Brad Iverson